We have an exciting opportunity for an Architectural Technician or Architectural Technologist to join the team to help deliver various residential and commercial projects in Cornwall!
Cornwall Planning Group are a planning-lead architectural firm operating out of Hayle, Cornwall. We hold a clear focus, drive and passion for producing quality builds across the country – delivering ambitious yet practical designs of the highest standard.
Established in 2014 by experienced Managing Director Chris Menear, the company was instilled with core beliefs that inform all our work, at every stage. Focusing on sustainability, efficiency, value, effectiveness, drive and diligence has allowed us to successfully collaborate with clients across a variety of sectors, both in-county and across the greater South West. Over the past five years, we have established a range of executive clients such as Housing Developers, Private Builders Commercial Retailers and even the National Trust!
This is a rare opportunity to work in a key member of a dynamic and friendly team in the prestigious area of Cornwall, UK.
What you'll be doing
Reporting to the Office Manager you will be responsible for producing planning permission drawings, building regulations plans, construction and tending packages, as well as liaising with all the traditional add on consultants such as structural, civil and mechanical engineers.
The projects you will be involved with at Cornwall Planning Group will involve site survey’s, feasibility studies, design, conceptional plans, client appointments, and construction plans. High quality of delivery is fundamental and you will have a key role in ensuring that this is achieved to the client requirements.
Cornwall Planning Group has an established system in place and is a past winner of prestigious projects in Cornwall & Devon. It is assumed that this role will be based at the Hayle Office Cornwall for the foreseeable future. It will involve regular attendance and travel to external client properties, as necessary, so please be aware that flexible working in this role will be dependent on project requirements.
Who we're looking for
In your application please provide details of how you meet the criteria for this role:
This is a big challenge and in order to be successful in this role you’ll need to have the right attitude, skills and experience.
We’d like you to:
• Technical understanding of the requirements of planning permission and building regulations
• A good understanding of Autodesk REVIT, Autocad and similar based office software
• Have knowledge and understanding of planning permission and building regulations
• Have an understanding of regulatory requirements such as the UK Building Regulations, best practice and procedures relating to construction and conservation
• Have the drive to develop and deliver project outcomes to agreed deadlines and to motivate others to do the same.
• Be able to communicate in a clear way to a wide range of different people both verbally and in writing.
• Industry qualification and or passion to join a suitable qualification board such as CIAT, MCABE, MRICS.
This role will require regular travel, often to sites where public transport is limited or unavailable. Please ensure you’re able to fulfil these travel requirements. (mileage allowance will be paid for work travel)
TO APPLY - Click apply now to submit your CV and cover letter.